Role Play Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scent of Magic

2 posters

Go down

Scent of Magic Empty Scent of Magic

Post  Ikuar Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:30 pm

The morning sun dawned a new day in the small village of Escora and many people were opening their doors and windows to start a new day. This was the same thing for a girl of eighteen who was bringing out a weaved basket to bring her laundry in with. She had it set on her lap, wheeling herself to the area where things were hung at least low enough that she could reach. She could stand, but only for a brief time.

She lived alone and had grown used to doing things by herself, but that didn't make it any easier. She pulled down a sheet and began to fold it neatly and then a quilt came next. Her blue eyes stared down at the items and she sighed. She wasn't sure she had the energy for this chore.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

https://roleplayden.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Scent of Magic Empty Re: Scent of Magic

Post  Anise Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:18 pm

A window of one of the smaller houses opened slightly, long enough for a boy of nineteen to peer out. They were slowly closed again. He preferred to have the windows closed on sunny days; the sunlight bothered him.

He brushed his short, black hair with his fingers before covering his head with the hood of his jacket, also black. On top were molds to go around his cat ears.

Slowly, the door of his home opened and he silently stepped out. He looked behind him to make sure his tail wasn't in the way of the door before shutting it. He gazed at other busy people, his green eyes narrowing.

The sunlight may bother him, but he needed to make money. He made his way down to the central part of the village, where he spent most of the day panhandling.
Anise
Anise

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:23 pm

Alice had began to wave to him but he closed his window too fast to see her do it. She frowned and put what she'd taken down in a basket. She would have invited him over and paid him for help but she wasn't sure if he wanted that.

She went back into the house and then exited through the front door. Her auburn hair was done up in a bun for the fact that it was a little warmer that day and her dress was slightly loose fitting, done with a few different purples. She'd made it herself.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Anise Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:47 pm

He passed a woman and a small girl haunched over in their garden, which obviously looked like it had been trampled by some of the local children. They had been removing the damaged flowers and placing in new seeds. The little girl looked up at him and smiled brightly. She then proceeded to pull on the woman's sleeve.

"Mommy, Mommy, it's Sullivan..."

The mother looked up at him as well, her face caked with dirt. The obvious anger in her expression softened at the sight of him, and she reached into her apron pocket, pulling out some yen. She held it out to him. "Sorry it's not a lot this time, I--"

"It's okay," he said quietly, politely taking the yen being offered. "I'm just happy you're willing to give me anything at all, Miss Leena." She smiled lightly, and started to work on her garden again. He pocked the yen and continued down the road.
Anise
Anise

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:02 pm

Alice sat watching from her front porch as the village came to life. It was a beautiful day but it was still very warm out. Just then the milkman came up to the porch and smiled warmly.

"Mornin' Miss Alice."

"Morning Mr. Kar, thank you." She said as he was replacing the milk bottles.

"It's too beautiful a day for you to be sitting here alone, Miss."

Alice smiled a little bit, face turning red, "Ah... well, it happens sometimes."
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Anise Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:00 pm

Sullivan sighed quietly, fixing his hood so the shadow overcasting his face to protect his eyes completely. He passed a couple of carts where people were selling various foods, and one that was selling jewelry. At this, Sullivan spoke softly, "My sister would like those."

He stopped a little ways from the entrance of the village, and sat on the grass by the road. Today was usually very busy, as people would come in to sell goods and whatnot, as he saw earlier. This was when he could make the most money. He decided to take down his hood, his ears were starting to get hot.
Anise
Anise

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:39 pm

Alice watched the man leave before returning to the inside of her house to put the items away. Then she went back out, used the break on her chair and pushed herself up, legs quaking underneath her. She had things to do and no help getting the chair down the front steps, so she had to make do on her own. She took one step, and then another before tumbling down into the dirty street. She'd had worse falls, but that didn't make it hurt any less.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Anise Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:01 pm

At the sound of the thud Alice's body made when it hit the ground, Sullivan looked up in her direction. Seeing that no one was in any hurry to help her, Sullivan stood up and hurried over to her while dusting himself off.

Upon reaching her, he kneeled down beside her and put one hand on her arm. "Are you all right?" he asked worriedly.
Anise
Anise

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Alice looked up and a small smile appeared on her face, "Good morning, Sullivan." She said and then tried to push herself up, "Mm... I'll be fine in a moment, I'm just weak." She looked up at the porch where her wheelchair was located. There was no way she was getting to it on her own.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Anise Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:14 pm

Sullivan followed her gaze, and frowned. "I'll help you," he said, helping her up and holding onto her waist to support her. He would have carried her to her chair, but he barely had the upper body strength to even support her. Slowly and hobbly, he helped her back up the stairs and to her chair.
Anise
Anise

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:36 pm

Once there, Alice sat down and sighed tiredly, "Thank you, I don't think I'll be able to get anywhere though... I'll just have to depend on item delivery if I need anything now."
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum