Role Play Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surviving

2 posters

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Surviving                              - Page 5 Empty Re: Surviving

Post  Ikuar Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:25 pm

His gentle touch surprised her. Victoria looked at him through teared up eyes and then tried to calm down, still afraid of waking up Anissa. The last thing she wanted was for her best friend to wake up to her crying while talking to Michael. Horrible thoughts kept running through Victoria's mind, things she didn't want to hear or accept as she sat there trying to keep herself under control. Silence came, despite the beeping and humming of monitors, Victoria couldn't hear anything except for breathing.

"I... I want that too..." She whispered, but then was overwhelmed by a feeling of grief. "It really hurts to breathe..." She gasped softly, swallowing hard against the lump forming in her throat. "I need to go so I don't wake up Anissa..."

She heard the door open and quickly wiped tears from her eyes, seeing Zachary enter the room. He'd brought a big bouquet of flowers and a large pink bear holding a get well card he'd tucked into the arm.

Reluctant to move from under the blankets Michael had brought her, she forced herself and got up, staggering to the door after she'd slipped on her boots. When she got out of the room and halfway down the hall, she pulled out her phone.

I'm so sorry. I'll be in the cafeteria waiting for you. She sent the text to Michael and then found an elevator, sitting down in it as it moved down floors.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

https://roleplayden.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:49 pm

Michael and Zachary shared a long, silent stare between the two of them. He was actually was having difficulty deciphering Zachary's expression. Was he shock, surprised, sympathetic... or angry that Michael had just made the best friend of his future girlfriend cry? It was probably all of those things. He was about to raise a hand in greeting when the sound of twanging guitar strings softly erupted from his pocket, signalling a text from Victoria. He'd made sure the text tone was different for her so that he would never miss it.

Thankful for the interruption the phone had brought, Michael ripped it out of his pocket and sighed with audible relief at her words. She wasn't writing him completely off. Not just yet anyway. He jumped off the couch, tucking the purple rabbit under his arm, and gathered a few blankets. No one would fuss at a doctor for stealing blankets. He patted Zachary's shoulder before fishing out a few of those hand warmers, and jogged out of the room.

He picked up a new box of tissues from a nurse's desk on his way to the cafeteria, and strode in, uncaring of how frantic and out-of-place he probably looked. He spotted Victoria at a table in one of the corners, furthest away from people, and he jogged over to her. He placed the rabbit in her arms, then the box of tissues in her hands, and wrapped her up in the blankets without a word. He even opened two of the hand warmers and tucked them into her boots, hoping they would make their way down to her feet.

"Please tell me you don't hate me right now. I really, really need to hear that before anything else you say." He said softly, his hands gripping the blanket he'd draped over her shoulders.
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

http://eiikare.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:59 pm

Victoria was surprised that he'd brought everything with him and had actually wrapped her up so she'd stay warm. Her eyes were wide and she'd finally been able to stop crying until that point when she felt a new tear roll down her cheek. "I don't hate you. Why would I? I just... I didn't want to wake up Anissa, and I couldn't keep whispering, my voice was starting to crack... th-then Zachary came in and I had to get away." She looked at the seat across from her at the table, hoping he would sit down so they could talk and eventually get lunch. "I'm... I'm going to be honest, I don't want to be alone. There were so many things I really wanted to do before dying, like... maybe get married, have children, share a kiss under the stars. It's really silly, and unrealistic... but it's something that keeps me going. When Anissa started going out with Zach, I just sat alone in our apartment and watched old movies... by myself and wondered if a sick girl like me could have a chance." Victoria shivered, although her feet were beginning to warm up a little. The Zofran had already began to kick in, so she was starting to feel less nauseous.

"Then all this happened and now I'm wondering what I'll do. How will I help her? What can I actually do on my own?" She watched his expression, but couldn't read it. "I couldn't even run to be there for her because I was in chemo!" She sobbed, "I ran all by myself... then you came and you were the only one who could help me relax. How could I end up so blessed? Why me?" She gasped a little, favoring her chest and cringing. "You really want to be with someone like me?"
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:34 pm

The relief he felt over her words was enough that Michael thought his legs might give way beneath him. He pulled a chair from a nearby table and sat next to her, listening intently to everything she had to say, and on occasion, would dry her tears with a tissue while she spoke. He couldn't suppress the smile that arose when she spoke of her dreams. She liked to dream big, and that's what caused him to realize it was those dreams which made her seem to sparkle. His smile faded when she spoke of her fears of love because she was sick, but then returned yet again when she mentioned him helping her relax. It made him feel a bit proud.

He touched his palm to her cheek, gently smoothing her skin with his thumb. "Being sick doesn't change anything at all." She was close to him; it wouldn't take much effort to pull her into his lap and hold her for the rest of the afternoon. That was his instinct. That was what every muscle in his body wanted him to do, but it didn't seem like something she wanted. He reminded himself that there was a difference between want, and acceptance. She may accept it if he were to pull her into his arms and never let go, but she might not want it at the same time. He reminded himself that if she wanted that, she would make it clear to him. "You'll only be sick for a time... and why not you? When you asked me what I thought of you... my answer wasn't totally truthful. I do know; I know that I think about you way too much. I think so much of you, and so often that I sometimes wonder if I'm borderline obsessive. It'd take me to long to recount to you every single thing I think of you, so let's leave it at... I like you a whole lot, and let's try out a few dates... see where things might go from there?" He was hoping beyond hope that this time.... this time he'd said everything right. That this time he hadn't hurt her, and this time he was fixing it all up.
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:41 pm

Victoria had calmed herself after hearing what he said and she gave a little bit of a nod, "I'd like that..." So he didn't want a relationship with her yet. That was understandable, being the way she was. She decided not to get worked up over it this time, and had expected as much. "I wouldn't mind going on a few dates..." Victoria was still confused, even though he was making sense, it was hard to take in everything he was saying. It could have been her state of mind, the trauma from learning that Anissa had been impaled, the fact that she was physically weak and very tired, a lot of those things could factor in. What if things went nowhere? What if he decided he didn't want to get attached and lose her in the end?

Victoria made up her mind not to tell Anissa about it right away, as there was nothing set in stone. A few dates would tell him what he wanted.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:55 pm

Michael grinned, chuckling in his relief. "Without sounding possibly creepy and stalker-like... I want you to know that I have no intention of letting you go. I will succeed in wooing you, and this time next year, you will be my girl and we won't be in a hospital." He spoke with every bit of confidence he had. "I hope I did well with the rabbit by the way; I wasn't sure what color you might like, but the purple one just seemed to suit you."
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:07 pm

"I like purple, it's very pretty... thank you." Victoria wasn't certain how to take what he said to her, it just made her wonder why he wanted a few dates to decide first. She pondered all of it deeply.

The two of them had a great lunch together, though Victoria didn't eat as much as she'd really wanted to. She hoped he wouldn't bring it up at her next appointment, she was already really embarrassed about that. Days went by and Anissa was slowly getting better and coming out of the woods. She was still in a lot of pain, but Victoria hadn't expected her not to be. Zachary spent a lot of time with her, so Victoria didn't always have to be there if she couldn't get there. It was sad, she had barely been able to talk to Anissa since the incident on Christmas day. New Years finally rolled around and the weather was as bitter as ever. Victoria soon found herself on oxygen when breathing became too hard to do on her own. She walked quietly down the halls of the hospital where Anissa was staying and opened the door to her friends room, smiling when she saw Anissa sitting up and watching TV.

"Happy New Year." Victoria smiled, having not been visiting in a couple of days due to the weather.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:30 pm

"Vicky!!" Anissa cried, trying not to throw open her arms in greeting. She'd done that once already and Zachary had gotten upset with her. She'd been chastised about opening stitches, and such things. "What are you doing here?! You told me you wouldn't be able to make it!" There was nothing but childlike glee in her voice as Anissa spoke, grinning big and with great excitement. She'd been hoping Victoria could make it, but it had seemed like she wouldn't be able to, so this was definitely a surprising visit.

"I've missed you so much! Here, there's room on the bed for you! Did you bring the blanket Mike bought you? We could curl up in it and watch a movie! Julie and Julia is coming on in about ten minutes!" As much as Anissa appreciated seeing Zachary every day, and getting to see his adorable grin... she'd been needing some really good girl time with her dearest friend. Especially a movie day.
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:34 pm

"Michael picked me up this morning and we had a bit of a breakfast date, then he brought me here to see you." Victoria took off her backpack and set it on the chair next to the bed before attempting to climb in. Her weak limbs shook as she worked herself up into the bed and then finally was able to lay down. She then reached over and opened the backpack, pulling out the heated blanket.

"Don't touch me, I feel like ice." She said, draping it over them and plugging it into the wall behind the bed. "How are you feeling?" She asked, really hoping that Anissa wasn't in a lot of pain.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:46 pm

"Well, my impalement doesn't hurt near as bad... but there will most definitely be a battle scar." Anissa replied, helping to situate the blankets a little better. "I don't care how cold you are! I've missed you so much. Zach is easy on the eyes, but he isn't very good for gossip and chick flicks." She stared up at the tiny, old tv that still liked to give off its high-pitched whine every now and then, and she sighed. "It's boring without you here. Anyway, how are you feeling? That tank looks pretty heavy."
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:00 pm

"I'm doing alright, it is a little heavy but it helps with breathing so I don't struggle as much. I'm sleeping a little bit better at night now." Victoria was relieved to hear that Anissa wasn't hurting too terribly and sighed in relief. "So the other day at my therapy appointment there was this new girl who was listening to music so loud that I could hear it. They kept telling her to turn it down but she would just shout what really loudly and was just being terribly disruptive... when she didn't have her headphones in, she was just so mean to the nurses. Later she was leaving and I was still in the middle of treatment when she saw my keychain, the French fry one... so she came over and asked about it, snobbily asked if she could have it, then when I said no, she had the NERVE to unplug my oxygen tube and just walked away! Now I have to deal with this crazed girl every week until I die or go into remission." She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest and underneath the blanket. "I couldn't wait to tell you because it made me so mad."
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:09 pm

Anissa scoffed, greatly offended for Victoria. "What a little witch! She doesn't even know who you are, does she?!" She huffed a bit, fluffing the blankets. "I'd like to see her try that with me standing right there! I've been impaled, girl! Nothing's gonna stop me from slapping that woman down! I bet she doesn't even have any idea that she just did that to the doctor's girlfriend! Does Michael know? Michael should know. He should know, and you should tell me how he reacts, because that reaction will determine how much I continue to approve of the guy. He should fire her. I overheard a patient getting fired last night across the hall from me because she was selling her morphine drip so her boyfriend could get high or something. Good Lord, hospital drama."
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:45 pm

"Trust me, Michael was visibly upset! He told me to get her name next time something happens!" Victoria couldn't believe what Anissa had told her after that and she just laughed softly, "That sounds terrible! The things people do, I can't even believe it! I still can't believe she had the nerve to unplug my oxygen tube though! Can you imagine if I really couldn't breathe on my own and no one had been there?"
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:02 pm

"I can't! Oh, Vicky..." Anissa shook her head in frustration. "If it wouldn't hurt so bad, I'd go track her down myself! I mean, really. That makes me so mad. I can't even be sure that you're safe from crazed psychos on treatment days!" She huffed once more, picking up the corded remote on her bed. "I need hot chocolate. I just need some hot chocolate to calm me down. You want some? I really think you need it... you're like ice."
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:35 pm

"I'm always like ice!" Victoria laughed a little bit, "I would be very surprised if the hospital didn't have hot chocolate right now, it is New Years! I can't honestly remember the last time I've had the stuff, to be honest." She reached into her pocked and pulled out her phone after hearing it jingle, it was a text from Michael asking if she was doing alright, which didn't surprise her.

I'm okay, I remembered the heated blanket and I'm watching a movie with Anissa. What are you doing? 8D
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:35 pm

Anissa spied over Victoria's shoulder as she pressed the nurse button and asked politely for two hot chocolates. Zachary had taught her that trick. He said that if she did it very rarely, and was always ever sweet to the nurses, they would let her use the call button to request hot chocolate. The nurse was really sweet, and even offered some marshmallows and sugar. While they waited on their hot chocolate, Anissa continued to snoop on the conversation. "The nurses in this ward are all really sweet."

What movie? I'm playing checkers against myself and am losing... badly. :'( I really don't know how, but I've managed to be losing on both blacks and reds.

"I don't think checkers is his game..." Anissa whispered.
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:01 pm

"That's good, the ones in oncology are too. We spend too much time here." Victoria laughed a little bit as she was texting Michael back, waiting for their hot chocolates to arrive. She noticed how weak and shaky her hands were as she gripped her phone, focusing really hard on the letters as she continued to type.

Aw, I'm sorry! The movie is Julie and Julia, I haven't seen it in a while, but it's pretty good! Are you and Zachary coming tonight?

She sent the text and looked back at Anissa, frowning a little, "Are you in pain?" She asked, "Or are you just engrossed in what I'm doing?"
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:12 pm

"I'm really engrossed." Anissa replied in a whisper, then she grinned when the nurse came in with their hot chocolate. "Ooo! Thank you so much!" She gasped suddenly. "Those are huge cups! Yay! We get a lot!"

"Mhm..." She nurse giggled a little, setting the tray on the table in the room and rolling it over to where the girls were in the bed. She then made sure to check the monitors while she was there. "Don't let anyone know that you two are getting special treatment of us! They might get jealous."

"Our lips are sealed." Anissa nodded with a grin and the nurse left.

I don't think I've seen that one. And yeah... we should be there around six. We're bringing dinner, so make sure neither of you eat too heavily. Very Happy You haven't run into that crazed girl today, have you?
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:19 pm

The hot chocolate smelled incredible, Victoria had nearly forgotten how wonderful of a treat it was. She thanked the nurse with Anissa and then looked back down at her phone to read the most recent text message from Michael.

"Oh, Michael says they are coming around six and not to eat too heavily because they are bringing dinner... unless you already read that." She laughed, but noticed that Anissa seemed very into her hot chocolate.

I just let Anissa know! Oh, thankfully no I haven't, but I can't say that I won't at next weeks appointment... not looking forward to that. Victoria put down her phone and reached for her hot chocolate, allowing the heat to reach her hands for a moment. She sighed and pulled it off the tray so she could sip it and eat the little marshmallows. That was her favorite part of drinking it. The movie had already begun, though Victoria wasn't paying much attention to it.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:45 pm

Now it was Anissa who had picked up her phone to text Zachary. Happy New Year! I hear from Vicky who heard from Michael that you two are bringing dinner! What is it? I must know. She set her phone down where Victoria could read the texts, making it all fair.

"Maybe... it's polish sausage. Remember how we had that last year? Maybe Zach can read minds, and maybe that's what they're bringing." She thought, staring at the movie, but barely even listening to it.

If she shows up at all next week, point her out to me. I don't want patients that cause havoc for others. Unplugging your oxygen tube is the first and final straw. I'm not passive enough to tolerate someone who antagonizes you. Oh, my game ended with a draw. :'(
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:14 pm

Victoria gasped happily after taking a sip of her hot chocolate, then she looked at Anissa's phone just as Zachary's text came through. The noise that Anissa's phone made was adorable.

Happy New Year! We are ordering from that excellent pizza place and bringing in a couple of boxes! Any preference on flavor?

Victoria grinned, "Oh! Um... pizza flavored?" She paused for a moment and then thought, "I like sausage!" She then went to text Michael back.

I will, thanks for being there by the way! It can get lonely sitting there so long. I'm sorry, at least you didn't lose!

Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:34 pm

Anissa giggled at the little whistle her phone made when Zach replied. It was a small track phone that she'd asked him to pick up for her, and she couldn't help but notice that he'd looked a little disgruntled about the one she'd asked him for... or was it just that it was a track phone? She didn't have the money to replace the phone she'd lost when she got hit, so she ended up just cancelling her phone service.

Victoria likes sausage, and I like Hawaiian. Would you bring a box of pepperoni for your lovely nursing staff? They're really sweet, and have been treating us very well. We aren't supposed to tell the other patients that we get the big cups of hot chocolate and extra marshmallows. I'll pay you back for the pepperoni.

"So much for movie day..." Anissa snickered, but it was how movie days always had been for them. Rarely did they ever listen to the movie, and instead they would simply watch it while talking about something else entirely. "Oh, there goes the lobster... smacking the lid again."

:-) Thank you for being by mine, too. You always seem to send me a text when I'm feeling lonely. I can't frown when I see your name on my phone.

Anissa gasped. "Woah! How sweet! Aw!" She wasn't making any moves to say that she wasn't snooping.
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:03 pm

"Isn't he? Just a few more dates until he decides our relationship!" Victoria grinned, feeling a little more confident about the situation than she had initially. She put down her hot chocolate and began to text again, noticing that Zachary hadn't texted Anissa back just yet. She leaned back against the pillows and held her phone up above her head as she texted Michael back.

You're making me blush! QoQ

She sent her text and glanced back over when she heard Anissa's phone whistle.

Don't pay me for the pepperoni, that sounds like an awesome idea. We'll be there soon enough, so enjoy your movie! I love you!

Victoria gave a gasp, "HE SAID THAT?!" She gasped, "He said he loves you!"
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:23 pm

"Am I blushing?! I think I'm blushing!!" Anissa giggled, then picked up the tv guide beside her to fan her face with. Her cheeks had never felt so hot before. "How am I supposed to act when he comes in tonight? I don't want to act all awkward around him, but would it be rude to just act like nothing happened? This is definitely an advancement of our relationship!" She took a long sip of her hot chocolate to calm her nerves before replying.

I love you too! >u< Thank you so much for everything; you're really so wonderful. She sent the text and set her phone down, only to pick it back up and sent another text, just as quickly. My face is all red now, by the way. This is your fault. Don't be surprised if you think my head is a tomato when you get here. Smile <3

After she sent the second text, Anissa picked her hot chocolate back up and sipped at it anxiously. "He told me to enjoy the movie. How do I even pay attention to a movie after he tells me something so sweet?" She gasped when she heard Victoria's phone sound off.

Isn't that my job as your boyfriend? ;-) ...Is it alright if I promote myself? I'd rather be a boyfriend to be honest.

"What interesting developments we have occurring around us today..." Anissa observed, silently wondering if the daring duo were planning anything.
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:30 pm

"You are blushing!" Victoria hadn't seen her phone until Anissa said something and looked down at her text messages. Her eyes widened and she gasped audibly at what she read. "B-Boyfriend?! But... I thought he... I'm confused!" She immediately texted him back.

Are you sure? We haven't had a few dates yet... but that's okay, I would like to be a girlfriend!

She couldn't help but notice that Anissa's expression, "What? He said we'd have a few dates and see where it goes..."

You're welcome, you're the best! Don't turn into a tomato!
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum: