Role Play Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surviving

2 posters

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Surviving                              - Page 6 Empty Re: Surviving

Post  Jayrin Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:47 pm

"I think he was just trying to be considerate at first..." Anissa giggled. "I don't think he particularly wanted to wait for a few dates!" What satisfying conversations they were having with their men. New Years was already better than Christmas. "I'm so happy for you! I definitely approve. Plus, it's really convenient that he's an oncologist! He can look out for you for ever!" She gasped again when Michael replied to Victoria. She hadn't yet decided how to reply to Zachary.

Very Happy Zach is looking at me like I'm an idiot right now. He just stopped by to tell me some happy news, or something. Anyway, there's one thing I need you to let me do if you're going to be my lady. I need you let me help you with those bills. I love you too much to let those bills pile up on you like that. Anissa's eyes were filling up with tears when another text popped up from Michael, this time with a picture attached. Apparently Anissa said she loves him too. Look at that goofy grin! Oh no, I think he noticed I took a picture of it! D8

"Send me that picture. I need it for forever." She sniffed, touched by Michael's generosity when it came to Victoria. He had such a huge heart.

I'm already a tomato. Proof! She took a quick picture of her cheeky grin and sent it in reply.
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

http://eiikare.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:52 pm

Victoria nodded slowly, feeling just a little bit gullible that she'd taken him so seriously. She looked back at her phone and read over Michael's message, taking a moment to send the picture to Anissa before she left a reply, her hands shivering as she typed.

I don't know what to say... thank you so much, you're so kind to me! That picture was cute!

After texting back and forth for a while longer, their men announced that they were leaving to pick up the pizzas and would arrive soon. The movie had ended and neither Victoria or Anissa even noticed. Victoria was still moved by the fact that Michael had upgraded himself to boyfriend status and offered to help with her bills, she had even begun to cry off and on as she curled up next to Anissa on the bed and underneath the warm heated blanket.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

https://roleplayden.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:05 am

Michael was the first to walk in, and he actually made Anissa gasp. His right hand was bandaged up, and the left side of his face was pretty bruised. Had he been in a fight with someone? She was anxious to see Zachary, and was relieved to find out it wasn't he who had gotten in a fight with Michael. Her expression must have said a lot though, because he just grinned and waved a little. "I-uh... I beat up a biker gang."

"No way!" Anissa gasped, then caught the exaggerated shaking of Zachary's head as he was setting the pizzas down. "Oh. Hey, we're sick and gullible! What really happened? Give your lady a hug too; she looks distraught over you!"

Michael didn't need permission, and was already halfway across the room when Anissa had begun speaking. "It's nothing too huge... I just got in a fight with my brother a little while ago. There's nothing to really worry about; I just look bad." He hugged Victoria tight, and planted a soft kiss on her nose, then cheek. "You look beautiful."
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:12 am

"Why?" Victoria kissed his cheek carefully as he pulled away and she examined his face, "Th-Thank you, but you look like you're in pain! I know you say it's nothing but... ouch..." She cringed a little at the sight of him. "I'm so sorry!"

Zachary came around the other side and gave Anissa a kiss on the cheek and then hugged her extremely carefully to avoid hurting her by accident. "Let me get you some pizza, you're probably starving." He smiled, though he'd seen her a lot recently, it never got boring and he always looked forward to it. "Hawaiian for Anissa and sausage for Victoria!"
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:25 pm

"Ah... he had some choice words to say about some things I didn't agree with." Michael replied vaguely. He laughed, then pulled the electric blanket to wrap around just her, lifting her off the bed. "I'm going to be selfish for the time that I am here... you can sit on the couch with me." He grinned, and making sure to be careful of the cords, placed her on the couch. After he had her there, he got some of the extra blankets out of the closet, and then wrapped them around Victoria to make sure that she was warm. "Now..." He plated pizza for the both of them, and sat right next to her, allowing her to take the plate of pizza he'd made for her. "How was your movie?"

Anissa pursed her lips in a jokingly upset kind of way when Michael had taken the heated blanket and Victoria away to the couch, only to grin happily when Zachary caught her eye for the umpteenth time. "The pizza smells amazing! Did the nurses enjoy the pepperoni? Also, I decree that you must fill this spot on the bed that Victoria was keeping warm until Michael stole her away."

"I don't feel the slightest bit guilty." Michael took a bite of pizza; a huge grin plastered on his face.
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:20 pm

Victoria was confused with Michael's response, as he was extremely vague. She took a small bite of her pizza and decided she would find an opportunity to talk to him about it when he was alone. There was just something odd about the way he was vague, he was among people he could trust, yet he didn't explain what really happened. It worried her a bit to say the least.

Zachary sat down on the bed next to Anissa, "The nurses were very excited about the pizza, it was a great idea." He started to pick pineapples off of his pizza and took bites of them individually.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:31 pm

While Zachary was busy picking his pineapples off his pizza to eat them, Anissa was busy doing the same... except she was placing her pineapples on his pizza slices. She wasn't too certain that he'd noticed. That was okay. Once all of her pineapples had migrated to Zachary's pizza, Anissa finally took a bite of hers, leaning to rest her head against his arm. "They earned that pizza. They're like... my little guardian angels. I haven't met a single nurse in this ward that I didn't like."

Michael caught himself with a slice of pizza halfway to his mouth as he stared at Anissa and Zachary's pineapple trading. Did Anissa not like pineapple? He could have sworn that Zachary said she loved Hawaiian pizza. He took a bite of the sausage and stretched an arm around Victoria's shoulders, lightly tapping her upper arm to get her attention. "Did you hear me?" He asked, smiling warmly.
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:32 pm

"I agree, if they are taking good care of you and all other patients, they definitely earned the pizza." Zachary started picking up the multiplied pineapples, not realizing that Anissa had just put a ton more on his pizza than he'd originally had. He picked them off and stuffed them individually into his mouth. Then he finally was able to take a bite of the actual slice.

"Huh? Oh... yeah, I heard you." Victoria glanced over at him and then back down at her pizza, still pondering what might have happened to Michael, but she tried to ignore the worry as she ate.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:44 pm

Anissa began to snicker when Zachary had failed to take notice of the pineapples. "Wow... you had a lot of pineapple pieces on your pizza, didn't you?" She observed, trying to not burst into a fit of outrageous snorts. She was really happy that he loved pineapples so much... it made it so much easier for her.

Michael frowned a bit, suddenly concerned. "Then... why didn't you answer me? Was the movie not any good?" He set his plate of pizza aside, then shifted in his seat in order to see her expression. He was now trying to keep his voice low so that they wouldn't upset Anissa, and he was also coming to suspect that Victoria hadn't actually heard him ask how the movie was, but just said she did. Her mind was definitely someplace else entirely. He sighed a little bit. "Is this about the fight with my brother? I'm not going to keep it from you; how about we talk it over tonight?"
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:59 pm

"Yeah, that was weird." Zachary glanced over at her piece, "And yours doesn't have any! I guess mine got them all." He grinned, "That's okay though, I like pineapples." He finished eating his slice and turned to grab another one, proceeding to take all of the pineapples off of it again.

Victoria glanced back at him again, "Oh yeah... we weren't really watching because we were talking and texting, but we do love that movie so it's good." She smiled a little and then looked back down at her food which she was just barely eating. She suddenly heard him mention talking it over with her that night and she looked at him with concern, the nodded rather slowly. "Sure... that would be fine. I need a ride home."
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:16 pm

When she finished her slice (and got Zachary to get her a replacement) Anissa couldn't hide her pineapple smuggling any longer. She continued to move the slices off of her own piece, and onto his plate with a few soft giggles here and there. She occasionally glanced at him to see what his expression would be when he finally realized she wasn't eating the pineapples off of the Hawaiian pizza she'd actually asked for.

Michael nodded slowly, then glanced at Zachary and Anissa who seemed happy enough in their own world. At that point, it still seemed like Zachary hadn't yet noticed Anissa's smuggling operations. He looked back to Victoria, noticing how tired she suddenly looked. He gently rubbed her arm, then lifted a hand to caress her cheek. "You're really worn out. How about we just go ahead and leave? That way I can take you home, you can change into your most comfortable pajamas, and I will answer every single question you ask... no matter what it is. Is that something you'd prefer?"
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:40 pm

Zachary noticed that Anissa was taking all her pineapples off and putting them on his plate, so he reached into the box and took all the pineapples off and began to also put them on his plate. "I'm going to turn into a pineapple." He chuckled, leaning over to give his girlfriend a kiss on the cheek. "And you'll be my pineapple queen." He smirked, giving her a wink.

Victoria was very tempted to take the offer, and she decided she would. Looking up at him, she smiled wearily and nodded, "That sounds nice, I just want to curl up with you and talk for a while." She had so much she wanted to talk to him about, especially the recent development of him being fought with. She tossed out the crust of her pizza and stood up, her legs shaking underneath her. "Anissa, I'm going home, I'm exhausted."
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:54 pm

Anissa grinned, chewing on a piece of pizza. "Mmm..." She swallowed, then rested against him once more. "They'll love me more. I won't eat them." She paused when she heard Victoria, and she nodded quickly, stretching her arms out for a hug. "I love you so much, Vicky! You go get your beauty rest, have a great night, and call me if you can't sleep again." She hugged Victoria tight, then straightened her knitted cap. "Happy New Year, Beautiful Lady." She said softly, finding herself straightening Victoria's shirt collar as well. "Take your pizza home with you too... in case you get hungry." Then she tilted her head to get a look at Michael who was already packing away Victoria's things. "You take good care of my sister on the way home, alright? Take out the trash for her too; it gets heavy to take down the steps, and their really slippery."

Michael grinned widely, then gave her a thumbs up. "I'll take care of her; I promise." He folded the pizza box shut, then tucked it and the heated blanket under one arm, and picked up Victoria's backpack in the other, making sure there was just enough slack for her to walk beside him. He didn't want her to have to worry about carrying it when she was so tired. "If she'd let me carry her on my back, I would... but I think she's a bit too independent for that. Anyway, Happy New Year, and goodnight. Don't let Zach get sick off those pineapples."
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:13 pm

Victoria walked out of the room after saying her goodbyes to Anissa and Zachary. Once they got out to the car and were on their way home, she looked at him while he was focusing, taking in his handsome features and wondering if it was really real, that someone like him would pick someone like her. She smiled softly and then looked down at her hands which were squeezed together in her lap, she was gripping one of the little heating things he'd given her.
Victoria was about to speak, but then she thought better of it since the roads were a little dangerous that evening. Soon though, they pulled up to the apartment and she got out, slipping her backpack over her weak shoulder.

"Let me unlock the door." Victoria shakily put the key to the door and unlocked it, switching on the lights as soon as they came in. "I'll go change and then we can talk for a while." She got into her room and changed out of her clothes, stopping only for a second to look at herself in her bathroom mirror, unhappy with what she saw. It was like being a shell of her former self, and it was disappointing. She put on her baggy pajamas and walked out of the room, still carrying her backpack, then she curled up on the couch where Michael was waiting.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:22 pm

Michael already had heated up the blanket, and kicked off his shoes. Once she sat down, he wrapped the blanket around her, pulling her into his lap so that he could wrap his arms around her. She was so delicate, yet so very strong. He helped her situate her backpack so that she had freedom to move without it being in her way, then buried his face in her shoulder. That had been an urge he'd had for a very long time. Now he was finally able to act upon the urge.

It had been more fulfilling than he'd imagined. "So... what would you like to know first?"
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:25 am

Victoria looked over at him and tried to smile, but she couldn't ignore how his face looked. "I want you to tell me what happened and you're not allowed to be vague." She shivered, the cold from outside still lingering even after she turned on the heat in the apartment. His warmth was helping a little bit, but her body never heated up as fast as she wanted it to. She watched his expression, waiting for him to tell her the story. "I'm listening." She assured him.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:02 am

Michael sucked in a bit of air at her question, but nodded slowly. "Well... Chris, my brother, saw Zach and me at the pizza place. He came up in line right behind us, and asked what we were doing tonight. When we said we were picking up pizza to take to you and Anissa in the hospital... he asked if I'd rather ditch Zach and go to a strip club with him. I tried to be civil, and I said no, I have a girlfriend, and I need to go see her. He asked me about you, and I told him, and then he said that you being sick gave me all the more reason to go to a club with him." He sighed, moving to rest his chin on her shoulder. "I got really mad and punched him, then he punched me, and next thing I know... I was on top of him, and Zach had to pull me off. I got kicked out of the pizza place... but I don't particularly regret it."
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:09 am

"I didn't know you had a brother until today... but I don't really blame you for not telling me about him." Victoria was relieved that he'd told her what happened, and was glad to know that he wouldn't be hiding anything from her. "I'm really happy that you didn't go or let him get away with saying that... I've finally come to terms with how I am, and that you like me despite that fact."
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:36 am

"Never would I let him get away with saying any of that! I mean, really, it was disrespectful, and uncalled for." He sat up straighter in order to get a good look at her face. "You're beautiful, and wonderful... and I don't care what anyone says. As long as I hear of it, no one will say anything ill of you and get away with it. Anyway, yeah..." He wrapped his arms about her waist. "I try to pretend that guy doesn't exist."
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:42 am

Victoria nodded and shifted a little to get comfortable, reaching up to adjust her hat. "I understand... so has anything interesting happened at work recently?" She asked, reaching for her phone to tell Anissa that they'd gotten home safely. She'd nearly forgotten to text her, and that would have been very bad. The lights flickered on and off before going out completely and the heat turned off along with the power.
"Oh no..." She sighed, beginning to feel anxious.
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:02 am

"This... isn't very good." Michael frowned. "I don't suppose the power will be back on very soon, will it?" He cleared his throat. "We could always migrate to my truck. At least then we wouldn't have to wait on the power to come back on for you to stay warm." He glanced around in the blackness, allowing his eyes to adjust to the dim light coming through the windows. There was a full moon that night, and every now and then he could see flashes of colors from the fireworks being fired.
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:05 am

"Sometimes the power does this." Victoria moved to get up, "I'll just check the fuse box." She picked up her phone to use it as a flashlight and wandered into another room, coming back a few minutes later when the lights flickered back on. "I think something is faulty in this apartment... we keep meaning to call them to have a look at it, but when the weather gets a certain way... yeah." She sat back down and curled up in the heated blanket. "Anyway... what's your family like?"
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:25 am

"Oh..." Michael made a mental note to have someone look into their apartment. He didn't like the idea of either girls being without power at any point during the winter. "Well, apart from my brother... I really think you'd love my family. My dad's a carpenter... he really loves making cabinets. He made me a nice checker set too, once. My mom loves everyone... I'm sure she and Dad would adore you. Then... there's my sister, Katlyn. Katlyn is a school teacher... I can't remember what grade she teaches, though. Anyway, I'm sure you'd like her. She's a lot like my mom... never sees the bad in anybody."
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikuar Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:20 pm

Victoria smiled warmly and curled up against his warmth, taking in how he often smelled like the soap used at hospitals. "I'm an only child. My family lives abroad in South Korea... although I was born here in America." She explained, "My father travels a lot for business and he fell in love with the country and they couldn't part with it. So I lived there until I decided to come back here for college and work. My mother works at an art gallery. I signed up online to get a roommate and ended up meeting Anissa, we've known each other since! It's been about... six or seven years?" She coughed suddenly, her whole body shaking each time.

"A-Anyway... I'd love to meet your family some day."
Ikuar
Ikuar
High Queen
High Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayrin Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:27 pm

Again, Michael wrapped his arms around her to pull her into a close embrace. He smiled when she mentioned her own family, and then wanting to meet his. "Well, you'll meet them fairly soon... and I'm pretty certain Chris will end up spilling the beans to Mom and Dad." He sighed, resting his chin on her head. "How about next week? After that, we will begin planning for when we visit your family... preferably after you've beaten this thing. We want them to see you strong and healthy... just like they remember you."
Jayrin
Jayrin
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum